Friday, April 29, 2005

Pray for Angelina Bravo

Angelina Bravo is a beautiful, incredible young woman form La Villita that I have known for many years. Her entire family attends La Villita Community Church. She is finishing her freshman year at Taylor University (at a location 50 miles from Fort Wayne, so I will not get to see her on my trip).

I just spoke to her tonight, and I was saddened to hear that she will most likely not be able to return to Taylor next year because of a lack of funds. She really wants to be a medical doctor, but feels discouraged that this passion/dream may not come to pass.

I am so proud of her, because I know how difficult it has been for her to make it this far. Against many odds, she is amazingly close to fulfilling her dream. My own son, Noel Luis is graduating from HS this year, and Marianne and I have been very involved in helping him check out schools, fill out forms, etc. while Angelina has done so much with limited resources.

Please pray that God will provide a way for Angelina (and for all the other 'Angelinas' who find themselves in the same predicament in Universities throughout our nation) to continue her studies. One day in the not too distant future, I pray I will be able to make an appointment to see Dr. Bravo for one of my many ailments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home