Monday, November 21, 2005

Amazing Time at CCDA 2006


I wish you all could have been at our CCDA conference this past week. It was an amazing time of inspiration, instruction, and interconnection with men and women of faith who are working with the poor. There were 2000 of us...and it was amazing. Here are a few of the highlights:

  • Over 150 people started the conference taking a 7 hour CCDA Institute class to equip themselves for ministry back home
  • We got reports from our CCDA ministries in New Orleans
  • We had fantastic worship
  • Dr. Juan Hernandez challenged us to take up the cause of 13 million undocumented immigrants
  • Dr. Jim Wallis gave us a fresh understanding of the alter call, as a call to sign up to confront the social ills of our nation
  • Richard Townsell from Lawndale ministries gave a powerful admonition of how we have to deal with our poor communities
  • Dr. Ray Bakke gave an amazing talk called, 'The Gospel from Iran and Iraq". He proceeded to show us how Abraham, Daniel, and Jonah are Biblical figures who come to us from these present day nations
  • We had over 100 workshops
  • Over 200 people attended RELOAD, which we held in connection to our CCDA event
  • Kit Danley and Skip Long were elected new CCDA Board members
  • We had a group of Native American leaders present at CCDA and we began a fruitful process of responding to our brothers and sisters who have not been present in CCDA
  • We brought together 25 young leaders to express to them that CCDA needs their input, leadership, and experience

As I write this, I am listening to Dr. John Perkins' Thursday morning Bible Study. It is amazing, and I encourage you to get your copy at our CCDA website. I'll post some photos in the next few days.

Peace.

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...I came across your blog when searching on Jesus Revolution. You are credited as being the source for this pic http://photos1.blogger.com/img/248/5124/400/jesusrevolution.jpg

Could you please tell me if this is a shirt you make or where you got it from? My contact information is on my site.

Please know this is NOT spam I am really trying to find that shirt.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Bob said...

On our way to Indy, my wife pulled out some cassettes and asked what I wanted to listen to. There, in the pile, was a 1990 CCDA tape of Tom Skinner! That's what I picked. It was a great way to start a great end of the week!! Thanks for all your hard work and great energy. We had a get together of Evangelical Free Church folks. It was great to see some diversity in a denomination that's not known for it. Plus, I finally got to meet Jeremy Del Rio!!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger John Liotti said...

You guus did a great job this year. I had a fabulous time. I appreciate your hard work. God is good....

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I participated in the "City Blogging" workshop at the Indy conference in November, and as a result, I'm checking out some of the CCDA folks' blogs. This was my fourth conference, and it was great to see so many attendees! You folks really outdid yourselves this year. Thanks, Noel, for all your work on the conference and institute.

One request: I love it when you have Angela Gordon on the mike. She's as fresh as the breeze and a delightful representative of the younger contingency in community development. If she's agreeable, please make that a regular appearance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home