Friday, November 11, 2005

Walter Payton HS one of the Best

Our family has been very blessed to have our boys attend Walter Payton College Prep; a public school in Chicago that is rated #2 in academics in the entire state for public HS schools.
Unfortunately, not every kid has the same kind of opportunity, especially not Mestizo children. There is no greater mission field in the USA than our inner city neighborhood schools. As we pray for the 'Shalom' of our cities, let us not forget to pray for the teachers
who have such a huge impact on kid's lives.
Just a few weeks ago, I was in Seattle and had the opportunity of staying the
night with my fifth grade teacher and her husband.
When I was a young kid, she loved me,
encouraged me, and instilled a belief in me
that I could be somebody.
Thanks Mrs. Risse (Mary Jo)
for impacting my life forever!

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Oberon said...

......religion can be good.......or bad.......only the Truth........will bring you close to God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home