Monday, May 23, 2005

Passing the Leadership Torch

On Saturday of this past week at UYWI, I grabbed a minute with Larry Acosta (who did an amazing job along with his entire team of providing the UYWI as a catalytic event where young leaders can gather, learn and be encouraged) and I told him that I was excited to see the leadership torch passed on from some of us veteranos, who have been doing urban youth ministry for many years, to a new generation of young bucks with amazing passion and skills.

Listening to Jeremy and Efraim speak was so exciting, because they, along with the key leaders who spoke at the general sessions and led workshops (like Phil Jackson) represent the future of the church in North America. Praise God for His faithfulness in continuing to raise up these gifted and called leaders.

I also thank the Lord for my brother Larry Acosta for his Kingdom vision, and for his passion to build into the lives of other ahead of making a name for himself. Thank you all for taking urban youth ministry to a new level of effectiveness!

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger David Trigueros said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger David Trigueros said...

Wow. To equip a new generation of artists for a life time of worship is my passion. We're doing that in Long Beach, CA. Thank you for writings re. mestizaje. It feels right. The terms reminds me of words such as "calor", "mezcla", "urbano", "vecindario", "pintaré", "re-encarnación", "nacer de nuevo", etc.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jeremy Del Rio said...

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. It was great meeting you again in LA, and I look forward to collaborating in the future.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Noel Castellanos, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Youth Leadership Conference yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Youth Leadership Conference I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home